Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 6

I have use IE, FireFox, and Safari. Usually I seem to use IE since it is the default on most computers. When I tried to download FireFox on my computer at home it initially said it would take an hour to complete. That was strange. I stopped the download because I am too impatient to wait an hour. However, I tried again another day and it only took a couple minutes to complete the download. This downloading experience resembles many of my experiences with the different browsers. I don't really have a preference, but if one seems to be "acting up," I'll switch to another.

The plugins I have tried all seem to be helpful and have benefits. Libx makes it very easy and convenient to determine if our library owns things while searching other sites. I like that I can immediately search the library's catalog without having to go to the library's site first. I also use the Google toolbar. Again, it is a nice convenience. A small drawback for me is that as with the additional plugins/toolbars, the screen gets a little cluttered. Although I'm sure I could take some time to organize the toolbars to "clean" things up and make things prettier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment